USPS Hold Mail Service USPS will offer different services for all the customers and in the same way if sometimes most of the people may go for a holiday to different places during summer vacation or due to any reasons. During the vacation, if the customer is notified that there is a mail or a package which is going to arrive in such cases all your mails and packages will be piled up in your post box. If in case there is an important mail that needs to be kept very carefully or if it is a huge by then you need to make sure that you get it soon by yourself or you can also make it delivered to your trusted neighbors. In such situations, USPS mail is a helping hand for the customers.
It will provide you with different options such as just hold you are mine at the nearest branch of the USPS office either ignore all your mails in your mailbox. So you can either contact your neighbors or friends and tell them to keep it safe until they return back from their vacation. Among the options provided it is very safe and advisable to use the USPS hold mail services so that your mail will be kept in safe hands until you reach back. Once you reach your home then you can get it collected from your nearest USPS post office.
How USPS Hold Mail Works
There are three different procedures in which you can the USPS hold mail works.
Online mode of submission
1. First, you should visit the official website of USPS service which is usps.com.
2. After that, you should click on the link which is hold mail under which you should select all manage your mails.
3. After that, you should enter your address and then click on check the availability option. By doing this you will be insured whether an online mail holding is provided in your area or not.
4. Then you can choose your dates on which you would like to receive your mail. Until the date you have chosen your mail will be put on hold by the USPS.
5. Now you can click on submit button and then you need to fill the confirmation number which is obtained after submission.
Go to the post office directly
There is another best method in which you can put your mails on hold at the nearest USPS office.
1. First, you should go to the nearest local post office in your locality.
2. After that, you should obtain a hold mail from the office.
3. Next, you should enter all your details in the form with relevant details and then you should submit it to the office.
The third option available for the USPS hold mail customers is through a phone call. You can directly make a call to the customer care service at 800-275-8777. You can make a request to hold your name by calling to the customer care service.The working days of the USPS office are from Monday to Friday. The timings are from 8 AM to night 8.30 PM.
How to Track USPS Courier Online
They are many ways in which you can easily track the shipment and know the information of your package.
- You need to visit the official website in case you want you to mail to be tracked through online.
- And then you need to enter your tracking number.
- In the next page, you can find you tracked information.
Visit Post Office in Person
One of the methods is to visit the nearest post office in person and fill in a paper form of hold mail and submit it to the postal employee along with the USPS tracking number then they will let you know about the details of your shipment.
By Phone: You can even make a call to the Postal Service at 800-275-8777 and request to track US mail hold through the phone. You can then submit your hold mail request through your call and also know the tracked information of your hold mail.
By Email: You can also approach tracking of the hold mail by sending an email to the official email address. In the reply mail, you get the tracked information about your hold mail.
USPS Hold Mail Customer Care Number
Customer care services are available for USPS mail tracking in which you can call and clarify your doubts. The services are available for all the customers and you should call and then the customer care representative will answer your call. You can easily get your packages to be held by USPS hold mail services. Or if you have any doubts regarding the services offered by the USPS hold mail then you can feel free to contact them and they will give you their best results. In this case, you can contact USPS by calling on the following number:-1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777). On this number, you can talk to USPS Customer Service Representatives but before calling have a look on the time when you can contact them : -Monday to Friday:- 8:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. EST. Saturday :- 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST