The United States Postal service which is also known as a post office or US mail or Postal service and is an individual intimacy which is available in the United States for providing Postal Services for the customers. Certified mail is one of the services which is provided by the United States Postal service in which the sender of the package receives proof of delivery. The postcard includes the date and time. The sender then knows the item has been received by the addressee. The USPS maintains a record of certified mail delivery, which the sender can track through the USPS website using a unique code.The USPS certified mail tracking number format of USPS certified mail will usually consist of Certified Mail 9407 3000 0000 0000 0000 00.
How USPS Certified Mail Works
- The USPS certified mail works through a residential address if there is no one at home in order to take the delivery. Then the USPS will leave you with a reminder slip in your mailbox. So by looking at the sleep, the receiver will get an idea that your mail has been left at the USPS office. The mail which is held at the nearest local post office the receiver will go to the nearest post office and pick the mail directly. The package will be provided to the individual only if they provide the signature when they pick up the mail or package.
- If in case this process does not work then you can go for an alternative way in which you can pick up the letter box after 5 or even up to 7 days from the nearest post office if you are busy. There will be a second delivery slip provided to the individual which will be sent by the post office as the second time certified mail reminder.If in case you did not collect the package within 5 to 7 days then there is a third option.
- The USPS will send you a 3rd final attempt of delivery slip which will be given to you if you did not respond for 10 to 12 days. When the third notification has been sent if the receiver does not respond then the main will be sent back to the address given on it.
How to Track USPS Certified Mail
USPS certified main can be tracked very easily by using online tracking tools. If you track your USPS certified mail then you will get complete details about your package along with the present location where your package is. This is very important process required to be done by the receiver in order to know the exact location of the package.
1. First, you should first go to the official website of USPS.
2. Next, you should click on the track and confirm tab available on the top of the page.
3. After that, you should enter your tracking number in the box provided and then click on the track.
4. You will be then taken to the next page in which you can find all the information that is related to the tracking number that you have entered.
USPS Certified Mail Rates
|USPS Postage & Special Services||2017 Rates|
|Certified Mail Fee||$3.35|
|Electronic Delivery Confirmation Receipt||$0.80|
|Return Receipt Green Card (Old Fashioned Green Card)||$2.75|
|Return Receipt Electronic Signature (PDF) (replaces Green Card)||$1.45|
|First Class Postage (1 OZ) (Metered Rate)||$0.46|
|Additional OZ First Class Postage||$0.21|
|Flats 1 OZ rate (9″ X 12″)||$0.98|
|Restricted Delivery Service||$4.95|
|Signature After Mailing||(PS Form 3811-A) Discontinued|
USPS Certified Mail Customer Care Number
USPS customer care services are provided in order to help the customer and clear their doubts and solve the problem. The customer care number for the USPS certified mail is1-800-ASK-USPS® (1-800-275-8777). So by calling the number, you will be directed to a trained and friendly customer care center who will access you in resolving your problem. This will certainly help you in knowing more about the services offered by the USPS and you can also get some clear information.